Thursday, September 4, 2008

From The Denver Group: ACT BLUE'S PRO OBAMA STANCE DE-LISTS THE DENVER GROUP.

Read it to believe it.

This is what my Party, MY Party, the Democratic Party, the Party of Franklin Delano Roosevelt, of Arthur Schlesinger Jr., of Hillary Rodham Clinton, of Stephanie Tubbs Jones, of William Jefferson Clinton has come to. No internal criticism allowed. Censorship.

Thuggery.

And worse, stupid thuggery. Apparently the people at Act Blue, like the people at the DNC, simply cannot get a simple point: that one can support the Democratic Party and support many Democratic officeholders what at the same time criticizing any particular Democrat at any particular moment. So when Democrats criticize me, a registered Democrat, I do not think that means they are not Democrats. They are Democrats who disagree with me on certain issues. That is their right, as human beings, as Americans, and as Democrats.

So when I criticize the DNC for running a dishonest nominating process and question whether it is good for the Party to have a President who accepts a tainted nomination that does not mean I am opposed to the Democratic Party. Quite the opposite. It means that I believe the Democratic Party must regain crediblity so that it will flourish as the Democratic Party in some recognizable form. I will fight for the redemption of the Democratic Party's good name precisely because I am a Democrat, a serious Democrat who means business.

4 Comments:

Blogger LHinSeattle said...

It gets more and more appalling. The Dem Party is turning into exactly what they despised about the Republican Party.

Groupthink like us, or we'll squelch your voice. Hmmm. That gets no vote from me.

September 4, 2008 at 3:40 PM  
Blogger Dhyana said...

I'm not surprised. I've been saying since May, that it's time for a new political party. I'm hoping that Hillary will see the writing on the wall and get her supporters to a new party. Lincoln did it. With Hillary's leadership, we can do it too.

September 4, 2008 at 4:57 PM  
Blogger WaitingToBuy said...

Actually, I think the truth is that the Republican Party was never as bad as we are now seeing in the Democratic Party. Unless the Dems lose this year and clean house. I am gone for good.

September 4, 2008 at 5:20 PM  
Blogger Sextus Propertius said...

Lincoln did not found the Republican Party. He *was* their (first) Presidential candidate candidate in 1860, but *not* in 1864 (he ran for re-election under the National Union Party that year). Lincoln wasn't even the favorite for the Republican nomination in 1860, he came in third (IIRC) on the first ballot in the convention.

September 4, 2008 at 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home