Sunday, August 24, 2008

From one gorgeous woman with a doctorate to another; a request for help in reaching the merry Speaker Pelosi

Dear Jill Biden:
Although we have never met we apparently have three things in common: we are Democrats, we are gorgeous, and we have doctorates. One big difference between us is that you might actually be able to get some information from the lighthearted Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi, whereas I seem unable to. The information I am seeking pertains to the details of the upcoming roll call votes to be held this August 27th, one of which will, it seems, include your husband's name in nomination to become vice-president of the United States of America.

I have been trying for weeks to ensure the integrity of the roll call votes for both the Democratic candidate for President and for Vice President. We all know that voting procedures must be handled with care if the they are to be resistant to tampering or error. Every time I inquire of the DNCC or the DNC what steps are being taken to ensure that the roll call is appropriately resistant to these problems, I get the same same answer: the mechanics of the roll call votes are being "worked out." Not only do I keep getting this answer, so do reporters who have been trying to learn the mechanics and get information about what needs working out.

Since you are well educated - with a Ph.D. in education from the University of Delaware - and yourself an educator - an English professor at Delaware Technical and Community College - I think you will understand the importance of disseminating detailed information about the measures that will be used to make sure that the Democratic Party's nominating elections will be truly free and fair.

If you are able to contact Speaker Pelosi, I respectfully suggest that you explain to her that the continuing vagueness with regard to the details is rapidly enforcing the impression that the DNC and the DNCC have no interest in holding genuinely free and fair elections. You may also wish to tell Speaker Pelosi that I do not think the details of the voting mechanisms for such elections need that much working out. I am happy to volunteer my services to my Party if they need help in arranging properly tamper and error resistant voting mechanisms.

Yours in lighthearted merriment,
Heidi Li Feldman

2 Comments:

Blogger GrandMe said...

Re Biden's remark--I'm sure he was trying to be "cute", but in the current climate of disenfranchisement it just doesn't play. Are we too sensitive? Perhaps, but with cause.

Your column did help me lighten up, thanks for that; I will pass it on to the gorgeous and overeducated women in my family. We do deserve clear answers. Please send it on to Biden and Pelosi.

August 24, 2008 at 3:50 PM  
Blogger gowela said...

grandme, what remark did Biden make perhaps trying to be cute?
As much as possible, I am staying away from the MSM so I go around finding out news on blog sites.
Thanks in advance for filling me in.

Heidi and Mark, thank you for all you are doing. I am learning so much from you. I made another small donation last night.

August 25, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home