Action steps for Democrats' Democrats moving forward
1. As we identify downticket Democrats who can carry forward the mantle of Stephanie Tubbs Jones, let's make sure they receive enough support to win in November.
2. Even better, let's make sure to support those Democrats who we know will work effectively with Senator Clinton to achieve the goals that over 18 million Americans endorsed when they cast their votes for her during the primary season.
3. When Senator Clinton's campaign releases information about which of her campaign funds (2012 reelection committee or the Hillary Clinton for President 2007-08 primary committee) most need our donations, let's donate.
4. Let's recruit and champion Democrats we believe are committed to restoring the party to a more functional, fair, and truly democratic institution to occupy local, state, and national positions within The Democratic Party.
5. Join Hillpac. No need to contribute financially to participate in its current petition drive, and if you agree with its mission statement and objectives and want to donate, learn more here.
- Text of Hillpac petition:
Dear Secretary Leavitt,
The regulations now published by HHS raise serious concerns about women's access to family planning services. I strongly urge you to revise this policy that threatens to affect Medicaid and Title X programs that are important to millions of families, and would undermine the health of women across the country. I also call on the Department to issue final regulations that include an assurance that a woman's access to contraception will not be compromised.
I stand with Hillary Clinton and women and men across America in speaking out against these proposed regulations. We've had enough of putting ideology over science and failed policies harming healthy families. [To sign, go here.]
In posts to follow, I will be elaborating on steps 1 -4. Step 5 is something anybody can do today.