Monday, July 7, 2008

Took a business trip to Boston, and ended up having lunch with Ed O'Reilly

I traveled to Boston to pursue some academic business and because I have been following Ed O'Reilly's primary challenge to Senator Kerry, I left word with Ed (as I now feel I can call him) saying that I would be in Massachusetts and would enjoy the opportunity to get to know him better before deciding whether to spare time to really help his election effort.

Apparently, Ed O'Reilly has manners (unlike some, e.g. Mark Penn and Howard Dean who find it impossible to even send a form letter reply to serious inquiries from a serious rank and file Democrat). Not only did Ed get back to me, he said he would make time for us to meet for lunch.

And what a great lunch we had. We went to a place overlooking Boston Harbor. I had to switch hats on my way over, having spent the morning discussing matters academic and administrative with a friend and colleague who works at a well-known institution of higher education in the Boston region. But Ed made switching hats easy, because he was so relaxed and down to earth.

I will write more about my lunch conversation with Ed later but for now let me say that he deserves the support of all those who believe in the goal of The Denver Group: Ed totally gets the idea of keeping the Democratic Party democratic and he's willing to fight for that. Now all we have to do is get him to the U.S. Senate. That might sound like an overly ambitious goal, but one thing I have learned this political season: when we work together we can achieve some of our most ambitious dreams.

Interested in donating to Ed? Go here.

3 Comments:

Anonymous kavala007 said...

Heidi you are unbelievable. A true Democratic dynamo. Kudos!!!

I wish I had this business deal finished so I could donate more. There are so many good things finally happening.

July 7, 2008 at 4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Heidi, I am so glad you got to meet Ed O'Reilly! Did you tell him I said hi? :)

ainnj

July 7, 2008 at 4:51 PM  
Blogger Shtuey said...

I got a warm and fuzzy feeling from Ed the first time I went to his website. He seems like a real Democrat, a refreshing change in the current bolshevik climate. He is definitely worth our support. I for one hope we can get him in the Senate. It would be nice to have a real man of the people in Washington (and a woman of the people in the White House...I still believe!). I look forward to the lunch report, and restaurant review. :)

July 7, 2008 at 8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home