Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton: donations for now, donations for 2012

I began my fund-raising odyssey on behalf of Senator Clinton as a small dollar donor. Like others, I went slightly over in my contributions to the primary and I just received an email from Senator Clinton asking me to reallocate the excess funds to her 2012 Senate campaign fund (one does this via a simple online process and if one does nothing one's excess donation is automatically refunded within 60 days).

2012: another Presidential election year. And if one chooses to reallocate one's funds to Senator Clinton's Senate campaign fund - as I did - note this language on the online form:
Significance: regardless of what happens this year, it appears Senator Clinton is already planning for a presidential candidacy in 2012 (note that she would need to raise funds for that even if she became the party's nominee this year, since she would then be running for reelection in 2012).

4 Comments:

OpenID annavedo said...

Ah, once again you are a beacon of light in the dark for me! I got the same email this morning, and immediately came here to find out what to do! I will grant Senator Clinton permission to keep the excess donation amount, and I send you many thanks for keeping me informed, Heidi Li.
Anne (newfrickinname)

July 2, 2008 at 1:45 PM  
Anonymous Mirlo said...

Music in my ears! Thanks Heidi Li.

July 2, 2008 at 3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heidi, thank you again for all your work, and great heart!

July 2, 2008 at 3:38 PM  
Anonymous Dakinikat said...

Hi Heidi ... just sent some money Hillary's way ... will do more later in the week. I'm not quite max'd out yet, so i'll try to get there, then i'll call the daughters and see where they are at.

July 2, 2008 at 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home