Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Of partnerships and pluralism

HillBuzz: Danger, Will Robinson, Danger!

I have added this link because the post it takes you to is well worth reading - or so I found it. I have also added the link because HillBuzz has been working so hard on Senator Clinton's behalf from so early on. I do not know the person or people who maintain the blog, I just know of its presence.

One thing I find pleasing about HillBuzz and Hillary Clinton Forum, to take just two examples, is that the folks at these places work with me - and I try to work with them - even though we don't agree on every last thing. I don't like mandatory agreement for autonomous citizens exercising their free speech rights and their franchise. I myself plan on conscientious abstention in the general election this fall, if the choices are Senator McCain or Senator Obama (by the day the DNC makes me feel ever more comfortable with this position). But many people who are working in partnership with my various efforts (on behalf of Senator Clinton or Ed O'Reilly (challenger to John Kerry in the upcoming Massachussetts primary) or on behalf of Representatives Stephanie Tubbs Jones and Sheila Jackson Lee or on behalf of The Denver Group ) plan on a different choice come November. They will be McCain Democrats. That is their right and they have good reasons for choosing to vote Republican this time around.

The sad thing is that the DNC is literally driving these voters to the Republican party. By refusing to conduct a serious convention (note to the DNC: planning a speech in a football stadium does not constitute a meaningful convention), the DNC faces a legitimacy crisis and that will be a crisis for the junior Senator from Illinois should he ultimately become the nominee.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

the DNC faces a legitimacy crisis and that will be a crisis for the junior Senator from Illinois should he ultimately become the nominee

This what they seemingly don't get. It's in ANY nominee's own interests that the convention be for real....not a fake one like they are planning. They act as if legitimacy has to be avoided at all costs, because that plays into Hillary's hands.
I swear BO was created to ruin the party...or rather put the cherry on top. Because he's has shown me it's been corupt for many years, I just didn't realize how total it was before BO.

Thank you for all you are doing Heidi!

July 8, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home