Sunday, June 8, 2008

Why we should feel confident about donating to RETIRE THE DEBT

I have sent an inquiry to the Clinton campaign to seek confirmation for my confidence that money donated to the campaign now will go to retiring the debt Senator Clinton accrued so as to carry through on her commitment to campaign through every primary. Having made the inquiry on Sunday evening, I do not, realistically, expect a reply until early this work week. In the meantime, I thought it appropriate to share my reasons for doubting that any of the next $30 million raised by Senator Clinton will somehow end up supporting Senator Obama's campaign or the D.N.C.

According to current federal law, no candidate committee (e.g. Hillary Clinton for President) may contribute more than $1000 to any other candidate's committee. (This is why Senator Obama can only "help" Senator Clinton eliminate debt by issuing a fundraising appeal on her behalf - just as her campaign cannot contribute more than $1000 to Senator Obama's, his campaign cannot donate more than that to hers.)

Since Senator Clinton must pay down her campaign debt to ensure financial credibility with vendors, it would not make sense for her to donate even $1000 to Senator Obama's campaign OR to donate any funds to the D.N.C.

Creditors come first.
Do not just take my word for this. Look at this information.

So, with or without word from the campaign, I feel comfortable urging people to donate to RETIRE THE DEBT.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Joey said...

Thanks for the update. Will spread the words.

June 8, 2008 at 11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for that info. Wifey and I were concerned that we would be helping the other guy when contributing to Sen Clinton.

June 9, 2008 at 11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Heidi. I had the same concerns. I feel better after reading your post and I've just made a contribution on her site.

I've also registered as Independent. The thing that kicked that off was the DMC website right after the final primaries. They have a full-page spread of Obama the "Democratic Presidential Nominee" (note they left out the "presumptive") and a postage-stamp size "Thank You, Hillary." I didn't even realize how angry I was until I saw that.

June 9, 2008 at 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home