Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Tuesday aftenoon: random bits of news

For single best read I have seen regarding Mr. Gore's endorsement, see this open letter over at No Quarter.

Today has been exceedingly busy. I even had a chance to appear on POTUS '08, which asked if I could do an interview on the ongoing effort to RETIRE THE DEBT. I must say that the interview was conducted with the highest level of respect and civility. Kudos to POTUS Live with Tim Farley for their professionalism. I was able to note the great response from contributors, which is, of course, what probably grabbed the show's attention in the first place. So again my heartfelt gratitude to those who have donated and to those who are planning to. Go here to donate: retiring Senator Clinton's debt is the least we can do for her.

Finally, The Denver Group is making progress in gaining official legal status. Thank you to those who have written in support of the group, and those who have begun to spread the word. A special thanks those who have made pledges. We are working as quickly as possible to enable you to turn those pledges into contributions!


1 Comments:

Anonymous Mirlo said...

This is the email I sent to to Al Gore today:

Dear Al Gore

a few weeks back you sent me an email, asking for my help to get your email list up to a Million. It was done in the name of saving the planet, fighting the climate change and your other environmental quests. I greatly admire the work you and others have done in this challenge and have supported you wherever I could. I have also helped you with several additions to your list.

Yesterday, when I got your email, I felt very annoyed. I feel you have misused your mailing list. I and my friends signed up in good faith, it is wrong to use this list for political campaigning and even asking for a donation to a cause that is so very incongruent with your writings in your book "the assault on reason".

I have unsubscribed from your mailing list, as have many people I know. I feel deceived.

On a more private note: I think it would have been more apropriate if you had waited with your endorsment until after the real nomination in Denver.

signed my name

June 17, 2008 at 5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home