Saturday, June 7, 2008

Today

Soon I will getting ready to attend Senator Clinton’s speech today, and I have been fortunate enough to be asked to attend a smaller reception after. When I received the personalized invitation to these events, they came with the message that Senator Clinton would be extremely grateful if I would “stand by her” at this event.

What graciousness! Senator Clinton is grateful to me for standing by her?! My goodness, I, along with millions, am grateful to her for her standing strong throughout a primary season where she has had to tolerate nonsense that nobody in her position should have to tolerate. She has had to tolerate abuse that nobody at all should have to tolerate.

I know people who worry that it will be painful for them to watch the video of the event, which will be streamed live on hillaryclinton.com. I understand this, because I tune out a great deal of media and events that will anger me or cause me pain. But if you possibly can, please watch today. I do not think the speech will be depressing, although I have no way of knowing that for sure.

Take a page from Senator Clinton’s book: she will always fight for the causes, we, her supporters care about; she has kept faith with us, we should keep faith with her. She will be able to see how many “hits” her site gets while the event is streaming, so she will know that her support is broad, deep, and not going away. Senator Clinton has enormous strength and amazing resilience, but even the strongest among us value the comfort and aid of others.

6 Comments:

Anonymous PamMc said...

Your words are bittersweet/ I will always be with Hillary whatever path she chooses.Please tell that for me.

Thank You!
Pam

June 7, 2008 at 8:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Morning, Heidi,

I believe that denying Senator Clinton the presidency will rank as a mistake as huge as the invasion of Iraq. Both were done by the evil forces in what used to be our democracy.

The howling hyenas in the MSM have been as vicious at the end of the primaries as they have been throughout and the cruelty is beyond comprehension and terribly painful to witness.

Thank you for your gracious support of the best the world has to offer--Senator Clinton.

Best wishes,

Sally

June 7, 2008 at 8:48 AM  
Anonymous Mirlo said...

I am so glad Hillary asked you to stand with her. Please know, Heidi, that you do not stand alone with her today, there is support and trust from all over the world.

June 7, 2008 at 9:35 AM  
Anonymous kc said...

Just the fact that she is working hard to maintain her coalition of supporters means that she will be back. Whether this year thru some unexpected turn of event or a few years from now. She's a builder. She will be more experienced and have more supporters after this horrendous process. The next time she rises, she will soar.

June 7, 2008 at 3:12 PM  
Anonymous Liz said...

Heidi Li,

I enjoyed your posts at TM. I'm a former Marshan. Can you give us any hope that she really might be planning to take it to Denver? I know she had to make the speech, but if by August the annointed one has imploded, do you think there is a possibility she could be nominated? I respect your opinion. I also appreciate all you have done for her. I know you worked hard.

Liz

June 7, 2008 at 3:42 PM  
Anonymous Rozanna said...

Heidi: I wish I would have known you were asked to attend the "small reception".

I would have given A LOT of money to be your "political date" to the event.

Her speech was wonderful. I was alternately clapping and whooping it up and then hysterically crying.

Good lord. What has happened to this country? I agree with the above blogger that denying HRC the nomination will go down in histroy as badly as the Iraq war.

I will likely sit this vote out.

June 7, 2008 at 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home