Things are as they were
Before yesterday's primaries:
- Senator Clinton led in the popular vote; Senator Obama in pledged delegates.
- Superdelegates could not actually bind themselves to either candidate because the only way to for an automatic delegate to bind himself or herself is via a ballot at the Party convention.
- Neither Senator Clinton nor Senator Obama could win the nomination on the first ballot based on the non-automatic delegates either has won to date.
- The status of Michigan and Florida was not conclusively settled.
- Senator Clinton polls as more likely to beat Senator McCain in November.
- All of the above stand.