Thursday, June 5, 2008

Sometimes you just have to quote somebody else...again

This just in, from a friend:
Dear Heidi
...
Like you, I will continue to monitor the future words and actions of the candidates, but I do have to confess that the past words and actions are not something I will forget, and it seems clear to me now that they pretty much prevent me from coming around to the Democratic candidate. One issue I have is that voting for the candidate produced by this hijacked election is, in a sense, legitimizing the process that selected the candidate. I believe we have to protest the process in order to persuade those who implemented it that such a subversion of the press and the party will not work. Otherwise I see little reason for future journalists and politicians to embrace once again the crucial bedrock values of (1) one person/one vote, (2) all votes count, and (3) fair reporting by the press as a watchdog, not a promoter, of politicians.
Exactly right, my friend.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said. This site brings both sanity and clarity to the important key issues. Thank you all

June 5, 2008 at 12:05 PM  
Blogger purplefinn said...

Yes. Truth to power however we can. It's good for the soul too.

June 5, 2008 at 1:00 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Very well put. I could not agree more. I believe that we have all had a very personal stake in this. We do not engage personally with people who disrespect us,limit us, betray us or try to distroy our characters. And we also most certainly do not reward our children when they do wrong. Why should we reward the actions of a politician that are elected to represent us? Why should we validate their actions by following them when they try to lead us down the wrong path? They are going to use the Supreme Court as a whipping board to line women up to vote for their annoited. I personally, will not budge. I will not succum to blackmail or thievery. I will not be an enabler. Hillary Clinton is a great and honourable person. I will continue to honour her; but she must do what she has to do to survive in her world, while I will do what I have to do to honour her. "Not a penny for the bus" I'd say to the democratic establishment. No more support whatsoever.

Heidi, you are truly one of my heros. You have been wonderful. For everything that you have written and done during this election season, I say thank you with all my heart.

June 5, 2008 at 1:27 PM  
Anonymous kc said...

If they had "chosen" anyone else who has a modest resume and a fair grasp of the issues and more importantly, acts like a person of principles most of the time, I could have held my nose and voted for that candidate. But a politician with the moral of a used car salesman who only cares about making the deal one way or another and getting away with it is not worthy of my vote.

June 5, 2008 at 1:50 PM  
Anonymous mamamimi said...

AGREE!! Accountability has been sorely lacking in all areas for way toooooo long.

NO MORE!

The Democratic Party has a lot to answer for and come November, my vote counts as much as a SuperD's does!

June 6, 2008 at 7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spot on!

Personal Integrity bolstered by courage is creating a Team of
committed patriots.

Thanks Heidi.

Keep the faith!

June 6, 2008 at 7:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home