Sunday, June 1, 2008

Sometimes you just have to quote somebody else

UPDATED as of June 1 9:29 am

A friend's comment on the D.N.C. in the face of its latest measures:
Well, now they can think of us as the "go hope-change yourselves" vote. We cannot be intimidated into being good little girls.We will not obey the hand that is abusing its power. The Democratic party has no right to discipline us for their own misdeeds. We are going to stand up for ourselves, for our country, for democratic principles.

Another friend has suggested a perfect organizing principle for the present moment:
Americans for Hillary 2008

A message from a friend in California:
... I think a protest vote for McCain v. Obama is too late. If a few hundred thousand Californians change their registration from Democrat to Republican in the next two weeks, the DNC might learn about that fact BEFORE August and then make sure HRC is the nominee. Even as a registered Republican, I could vote for HRC in Nov and change my registration back after that. Otherwise, the Dems will have forced me to vote for McCain and become a Republican. I really do not think I can have any regrets after the ugliness the Dems have shown me this cycle. I could try to work to bring the Republican party more to the center -- that seems to be where John McCain prefers to be anyway. I feel my family would be safer with McCain than Obama any day. I leave the choice to the Democratic party -- if they choose Obama, they choose me to leave and I cannot contemplate coming back. If they nominate BO, this is not my Democratic party, my parent's democratic party or my Grandpa's Democratic party. I cannot stomach hypocrites and will easily be pushed out. I just hope they know that by nominating BO they push me and likely millions more out. I know, I know, I can easily be replaced by their new demographic. So I just leave and wish them luck with their new party. On the other hand, the Democratic Party could nominate Hillary Clinton and she would be the next President of the United States. The choice at this point is theirs not mine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous jen said...

I'm a Californian who just changed my husband's party (per his request) to "decline to state" (you can do it online and they send you an official form to sign). I've been undeclared for a while. I think it's a better choice to switch to than Republican and would send enough of a message. I would worry that changing to Republican would reflect badly on Hillary and her supporters, even if we plan to vote that way. And I don't want the Republicans to take us for granted either! Let them work for our support, too!

June 1, 2008 at 4:46 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home