Thursday, June 5, 2008

Notes from the Department of the Absurd: Senator Obama seems to think Tony Rezko changed personalities somewhere along the line

Fox News just published this (thanks to a friend for alerting me to the news):
Barack Obama issued a statement Wednesday responding after former fundraiser Tony Rezko was found guilty on 16 counts in his corruption trial in Chicago.

Rezko was convicted on fraud and money-laundering charges in federal court. Obama was not accused of any wrongdoing.

Obama: “I’m saddened by today’s verdict. This isn’t the Tony Rezko I knew, but now he has been convicted by a jury on multiple charges that once again shine a spotlight on the need for reform. I encourage the General Assembly to take whatever steps are necessary to prevent these kinds of abuses in the future.”

Senator Obama had no idea who Reverend Wright really was, nor any idea of the true nature of his own church. Now, he has no idea of who his longtime supporter and assocate Tony Rezko really was.

Maybe this cluelessness is the truth, maybe it is just a convenient political stance. Either way it is remarkably distressing to those of us hoping that John McCain is not our next president, as he most certainly will be if the Democratic Party truly and ultimately decides to run Senator Obama against Senator McCain.

If Senator Obama cannot be perceptive about long-time and close associates, how will he be perceptive about other world leaders and domestic representatives of special interests?
Answer: he cannot be.

Senator Obama seems to have an incurable tin ear, to say the least. As a someone who has been teaching for a long time, I know the things that are hardest to teach: good judgment, perceptiveness, graciousness. Unfortunately, Senator Obama seems to need to learn these traits. Yet nobody in his entourage seems able or willing to teach him. Or maybe he's not interested in learning.

Open letter from me to Senator Obama: An offer made in all sincerity

Dear Senator Obama,

You have gifts and talents I do not. But with respect, sir, I believe I have some you do not, and that you need if you are to attempt to win the Presidency by beating Senator McCain. I will share my knowledge with you if you ask me for it. This offer is good unless and until the Democratic Party ends up nominating somebody else to run for the Presidency this year.


Yours respectfully,
Heidi Li Feldman

3 Comments:

Blogger purplefinn said...

Heidi Li, Thank you for your generosity, directness and humor.
I'm twainwalker from TM's site, which I will not abandon. However, I need to broaden to pursue the ideals and commitment we share with each other and Hillary.

Thank you for all of your efforts to be positive and pro-Hillary.

June 5, 2008 at 10:12 AM  
Anonymous kc said...

Deny, deceive and obfuscate. He's got the Bush game book down already. God help us all.

June 5, 2008 at 1:28 PM  
Anonymous Mirlo said...

Good for you, Heidi. I am sure he could learn from you, if he wanted. I know I did and thank you for it!

June 6, 2008 at 5:05 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home