Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Need pep? In my view, Senator Clinton intends to be POTUS 08

A reader of this space just sent the following.
Heidi,
CNN is reporting that Hillary wants the VP spot. I can't support her if that's the case. I will not vote for Obama. I am absoultely sure that I will not change my mind. I've emailed Hillary 3 times today...I hope she won't back down. I'm feeling very worried. I need a pep talk.
I have said it before, and I will say it again: Senator Clinton intends to be the next president of the United States of America. This is my informed opinion based on communications from the campaign, participation in conference calls, and my own assessment of current political realities.

Nobody can read Senator Clinton's mind so I can only offer my opinion on this matter. But consider some realities: Senator Clinton does not think a ticket topped by Senator Obama stands a good chance of beating Senator McCain (so why would she take the second seat on such a ticket?). If Senator Clinton is not the Democratic nominee for president, she will retain her Senate seat and I assure you that in that position she would be the most powerful political figure in the United States for the next twenty years, bar none (Senator Obama seems very likely to lose to John McCain, and losers in general elections tend, these days, not to hold very much sway). If I see no per centage in Senator Clinton accepting the v.p. slot, rest assured she, who is far more politically astute than I am, will see the matter similarly.

So, what's up with CNN? As I keep saying here and elseswhere: CNN, the AP, and the rest of the mainstream media operate according to a business model that does not recognize truth as the cornerstone of their profitability. And perhaps truth isn't. But what this means is that MSM news outlets run whatever stories will drive up their ratings so that they can attract advertisers. So I would pay no attention to anything coming from these outlets, particularly after their excruciatingly dismal performance as purported journalists during this primary season.

Senator Clinton is not known for backing down or for taking a backseat. What are the odds she would she change now? Answer: Not very likely. And if you give credence to MSM stories based on sources the MSM can't name, you are just being silly. Like all wise people, Senator Clinton may be open to any possibility that she is not ready to rule out, but that has nothing, absolutely nothing, to do with what I believe is her goal: the presidency, now!

Feeling peppier?

12 Comments:

Anonymous adamonis said...

I heart you HLF!

June 3, 2008 at 5:09 PM  
Blogger navyvet48 said...

No , I heard she would just commend Obama for running a good campaign and also announce that because of his strong performance during the primaries that she would now add his name to her short list for Vice President !

This is from a friend much closer to the campaign than I am but significant nonetheless. I believe this is what we will hear tonight. I hear you Heidi!

June 3, 2008 at 5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I come to your web site to keep me sane. You write very clearly and go right to the point. Thank you.

I also agree with your points in this posting. She is the clear winner of this primary. If the DNC and the super delegates fail to understand that truth they will go down to defeat this November. It is not only Obama who will lose but also other Democratic members of Congress.

June 3, 2008 at 5:14 PM  
Blogger mystic4hill said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Heidi, for that pep talk.

I, too, just contacted the Hillary Campaign, begging her not to accept the VP position. My heart dropped when I heard she might.

I forgot to consider the source. I forgot that this is all part of their pattern of manipulation and intimidation.

Thanks for putting me back on track.

We ALL heart you! When I get home from work tonight, I'll contribute again from your link!

June 3, 2008 at 5:32 PM  
Anonymous ginaswo said...

thanks HLF!!!! Some people are jumping about making assumptions and feeling betrayed due to an answer HRC had to give to a direct question and I think it leaves her in a very good position to continue to Denver. Now that she has soothed the ruffled feathers of SDs who are worried about unity by saying she is open to VP open to anything as Terry said, they can let her go to Denver and stop throwing out all the stops to end this early!!

in any event we raised 200.00 thru your linky today!!!!

BOOYAH!!!

HILLYEAH!!!

I AM WITH THE LADY IN THE PANTS SUIT ALL THE WAY TO DENVER AND THE WHITE HOUSE!!!

June 3, 2008 at 5:41 PM  
Anonymous monkeybusiness said...

HLF - you're a god send! I sincerely thank you so much for all your hard work and inspiration! You're the best!

June 3, 2008 at 6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I needed to hear this. Thank you HLF.

June 3, 2008 at 6:19 PM  
Anonymous minniemom said...

HLF -

You are such an inspiration! Thank you so much for helping me to keep my sanity. I come to your site several times a day to check for any updates. In fact, I think I read your blog more than any other now!

I know I'll always get the facts presented in a clear, competent manner.

June 3, 2008 at 6:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I posted a link to your artcle on the HRC official website. There are a lot of "visitors" there pushing the spin. Very good take. I really admire your writing style.

June 3, 2008 at 7:21 PM  
Blogger LauraInCali said...

Dear Heidi,
Thank you for the pep talk. This has been a long day. I sent emails to all the delegates in my state and Nancy Pelosi in DC. I called the HRC headquarters and let them know that I want her to take it all the way to the convention. BTW they said the MSM is wrong! I also called the DNC and gave them a piece of mind! I really respect you Heidi,keep up the good work.

June 3, 2008 at 7:36 PM  
Blogger topcat4hill said...

i think she is leaving her options open so when the republicans eat him up she can step in and take over shes smarter than they think , i think shes taking some wind out of his sails go hillary
go independant if your plans dont work out

June 3, 2008 at 8:28 PM  
Blogger Mary said...

I hope you're right because there is not a ticket in the world that would have Obama on it for which I would vote. With Obama as the Democratic nominee, even with HRC as a running mate, I will vote for McCain--and this is from one who was raised as an FDR Democrat!

June 3, 2008 at 8:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home