Friday, June 27, 2008

The fundraising summit: Part III: Senator Clinton knows exactly what she is doing

One of the most impressive moment of tonight's meeting, sponsored by Senator Clinton for purposes of introducing her "top" fundraisers to Senator Obama, came right before Senator Clinton turned the mike over to Senator Obama. Senator Clinton turned toward the group, people who had cheered her and cheered her as she entered, people who have worked hard on her behalf, and she told us that our work was not yet finished; that regardless of what happens this November she would need our support to make sure that every American had a real chance to make the American dream true for him or her. It was a unique moment. A public figure, Senator Clinton, turning to us, about 150 people (I am guessing very wildly) and she made it clear that her first loyalty is to those who have shown her loyalty,

5 Comments:

Blogger Lyn said...

Thanks Heidi, From your post tonight and other things I have read, tonight went about how I expected it would.
I DO have faith in Hillary and love hearing your thoughts about tonight.

June 27, 2008 at 1:38 AM  
Blogger GrandMe said...

As usual I thank you. Your descriptions of tonight's meeting were absolutely inspiring. I am buoyed up again. Through your words I could feel Hillary's strength and sense the admiration and caring in that room. Can't wait for tomorrow's commentary. I was about to turn the computer off when I remembered, "Heidi Li went to that meeting tonight!" So here I am and I'm glad I came.
I did contribute earlier today ($100) but this might call for another burst of generosity.

June 27, 2008 at 1:40 AM  
Anonymous ginaswo said...

thank you Heidi!!

I lurv her so

blub blub

I am so glad for this portion of your post especially, that she turned to you all and said our work together is nto yet done beyond Novemebr

Amen!!

We are ready for the call Hillary!!

June 27, 2008 at 1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hillary always keeps her promise and follows through them. More importantly "her first loyalty is to those who have shown her loyalty"!!! We will remember who betrayed her and back stabbed the Clintons during the whole process. We knew clearly who showed the true color of opportunists and we appreciate who supported her whole heartily for thick and thin. Hillary 012!

June 27, 2008 at 1:25 PM  
Anonymous berkeleyHillBiller said...

Heidi, so nice of you to stay up all night to tell us what is going on. I take heart from the sentence that her loyalty 'is to those who have shown her loyalty'.

Heidi, what we offer Hillary is more than loyalty, we respect her! She earned it through years of struggle, caring and dedication.

And we really don't want Hillary to be loyal to us either: we just want Hillary to be Hillary.

All this hanging around the "nominee" makes many anxious. So we appreciate your efforts not only in reportage, but also organizing the Denver Group. We just hope Hillary will agree to be a part of it, for we will go all the way.

Thanks again!

June 27, 2008 at 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home