Friday, June 27, 2008

The fundraiser summit: Part II: Of humility

Well, I have not yet been able to sleep on it.

I know why: Senator Clinton and Terry McAuliffe were absolute troupers, somehow delivering simultaneously a message of Democratic unity and a recognition of the unique relationship between Senator Clinton and her supporters. Senator Obama, however, left me cold. And since I will not be voting for Mr. McCain in November, I still do not feel I can, in good conscience, vote for Senator Obama.

The most revealing moment of the evening: early in his remarks, Senator Obama told us he would have to be "extraodordinarily humble." Anybody who tells me he or she must be humble is telling me he or she is not about to be humble.

3 Comments:

Blogger femB4dem said...

Thank you Heidi, for your report, and for your quiet, understated, honesty.

June 27, 2008 at 1:15 AM  
Anonymous GaGirl said...

Heidi, those of us who agree with you that we cannot vote for Senator Obama OR Senator McCain remain candidate-less. It is, indeed, a dilemma. Thank you for all your perspectives.

June 27, 2008 at 7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL. So spot-on about public claims to be humble. I love the measured way you present things, including your own sense of what is really going on.

June 27, 2008 at 1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home