Thursday, June 5, 2008

From the mouths of babes

A very smart friend of mine clearly has a very smart daughter. My friend sent me the following:

[T]oday in the car I had to break it to my 7 year old daughter that Sen. Clinton suspended her campaign. We discussed it for a while and then she asked me who I would be voting for in the fall. I said I did not know and would have to assess the candidates and see what issues were the most important to me, etc. She then said, "Mmm. [quiet pause] if there was someone running named Bill Rights, I would vote for him."

1 Comments:

Blogger Kevin said...

Hi Heidi, that is one wise 7 year old. *sigh*

I'm a guy and I know my feelings about this election can not compare to what women must be feeling. I have to say I am genuinely angry. I don't want to accept the outcome. I feel the same way I did in 2004 when Bush was reelected. The "they did it again" feeling. Yea, they did it again and I actually feel worse this time.

I have gone from feeling the shock and elation when my Mom told me she was going to vote for a Democrat but not just any Democrat, she was going to support Hillary. Now, the punch in the stomach I feel after my Mom said "they did it again" but... not for the same reason I said it. This one is going to take me a little while to get over.

Thanks for all you do Heidi.

June 5, 2008 at 11:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home