Friday, June 13, 2008

A donation to RETIRE THE DEBT = An act of transcendence

In the previous post, I discussed transcendence as a response to arrogance. Now I will explain why:

A donation to RETIRE THE DEBT = An act of transcendence

Just as more people in the history of any presidential primary season cast a ballot for Senator Clinton, defying the naysayers and transcending the expectation that Americans are not ready to elect a highly qualified woman president, now we can transcend expectations again. Nobody expects a primary campaign for a candidate not now deemed the presumptive nominee to be able to even make a serious dent in a large debt accumulated because that candidate honored her word and campaigned in every last state, using all of her resources to reach as many voters as possible. In normal circumstances, if we accepted normal limits, this goal - to retire Senator Clinton's debt - might be unrealistic. But these are not normal circumstances. This is not a time to accept normal limits. This is a time for transcendence.

When you contribute to Senator Clinton via her website, you defy conventional wisdom. You act against those who would steamroll you into voting for a candidate or supporting a party that has failed you. Instead you use your money to transcend all that. You use it to support the career of Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, who throughout this political season has herself epitomized transcendence. Why not return the favor, and act accordingly?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Deniz in Boston said...

Thank you for reminding us all to help pay off Hillary's debt.

I just sent in another $25. using your link.

Thanks again for all you are doing.

--Deniz in Boston

June 13, 2008 at 12:50 PM  
Anonymous Mirlo said...

I like your line of thought. This is strength, clear thought and consequent action; it can't be suppressed nor attacked and it's actually good for oneself.

June 13, 2008 at 5:59 PM  
Anonymous RoseCityfriend said...

I just discovered your site this week after being over at the new blog.pumapac.org website. You've done such a service in explaining that contributions to Hillary would indeed go to her own campaign debt (I've contributed to her in the past but was among those worried that any further contributions of mine might go from her to the Obama campaign, given the new look of her own website). After reading your clear reassurances, I want you to know I did contribute to HRC and through your site yesterday. It was a double pleasure to see my money matched to another good cause. I also just enjoy reading your articles -- you both inform and take a stand, and you do it both articulately and civilly. An artful balance, these days, and too rare. I'm an ardent supporter of Hillary Clinton and a passionate opponent of how the DNC et al have conducted this "campaign" but I'm also weary of naive rigidity or simple nastiness that generates more heat than light. I think you do a wonderful job explaining why Hillary Clinton as a Democratic Senator who still values her career and still has a significant future can't just up and destroy it by doing some of the fighting her followers wish she would. I'm for taking the long view. You compared her to Gandhi, an interesting comparison. Gandhi suspended his campaign for India's independence against the British during WWII and resumed his struggle afterward. I agree with you that it serves Hillary well to be gracious and above the current fray. It shows her strength and character, and I have no doubt her time will come in 2012... if Obama hasn't already self-destructed before this year's convention...

June 14, 2008 at 1:35 AM  
Anonymous RoseCityfriend said...

We need to enhearten each other and resist sinking into the kind of mud that turned me off about the other side. I'm a believer in the power of truth. It does take time, but truth is so powerful that it always wins in the end (why I am celebrating the ruling on Guantanemo this week!). That's where my loyalty lies, to truth, beyond any specific media or any particular candidate. Athough thus far, Hillary inspires me as a good model of compassionate truth, in her actions even if at times she has to water down her words. And back to your thoughts about good will, it is my experience that truth told with civility is better received than truth told in a mean way.

June 14, 2008 at 1:37 AM  
Blogger wodiej said...

thanks for all you do Heidi. I donated using your link a few days ago. I'll give more in a week or so.

June 14, 2008 at 6:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home