Friday, June 20, 2008

Communicating with Mark Penn: update

Just a brief update to my effort to make Mr. Penn himself aware that it would be helpful to those of us working to retire Senator Clinton's debt to know if he would be amenable to naming a figure he would accept in lieu of the one he is currently claiming. (For legal purposes, that figure could be anywhere from 1 dollar to any amount less than what he and his firm has previously billed; also, in answer to a reader question, it is entirely possible for Mr. Penn and his firm to do this without the difference between what was previously billed and a less amount constituting a campaign contribution.)

This morning I figured out how to contact Mr. Penn's office directly. I spoke to a very courteous person in that office, explained that I had already faxed my request to more general information inquiry phone numbers at Mr. Penn's firm, but that I felt that courtesy required that I make every effort to make sure that Mr. Penn actually knew I had made my request to him public and what specifically I was requesting. I told this person that although I am in no way a public figure of Mr. Penn's fame, I had occasionally wished I had known of a request being made of me when in fact I did not.

Again, most graciously, the person from Mr. Penn's office gave me a direct fax line, and I have sent my original request to Mr. Penn to that number. I will keep you posted.

2 Comments:

Anonymous adamonis said...

You have great courage, Dr. Feldman!

June 20, 2008 at 2:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really appreciate everything you are doing to help Hillary retire our campaign debt. Hillary never quit on us and we are not going to quit on her. I've donated four times since June 3 and will donate again. Thanks,

A loyal Hillary supporter in New York's Hudson Valley

June 20, 2008 at 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home