Friday, May 9, 2008

Tom In Paine: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: OBAMA STYLE

Tom In Paine: MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: OBAMA STYLE

A number of people have sent me comments on my post discussing disenfranchisement as I see it happening in the D.N.C. Some comments have been sympathetic to my analysis, others less so.

I write from a fairly academic perspective, and now that we are in the endgame of the nomination process, many comments are directed at more nuts and bolts political matters, especially whether they perceive Senator Clinton or Senator Obama as the candidate who operates more or less fairly. My point in the post was that the Democratic National Party should treat those who participate in primaries fairly - because to be a Democrat - at least a post-Civil-War/Reconstruction era Democrat - has been to be committed to empowering the voices of individuals.

For those interested in intelligent commentary on the ins and outs of the politicians as they play politics, I refer you once again to a post from Tom in Paine.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this article.

I myself will be leaving the Democratic party after 30 years. I believe the party leadership has conducted a corrupt primary. I never thought I would see Democrats support such a thing.

I'll be voting as an idependant in 2008 and will have grave reservations about voting a democratic presidential ticket. I am not a fan of republicans, but do not see how I can support election fraud under any circumstances.

May 9, 2008 at 11:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home