Sunday, May 18, 2008

The tin ear is starting to scare me

I believe that Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton will indeed top the ticket for the Democratic Party even if the fight for the nomination goes all the way to the convention.

I better be right. Because while Senator Obama inspires many, his tin ear scares me. His latest words - "Be nice to Clinton supporters" - and his repeated intention to declare himself the nominee are so off-putting that I cannot possibly see how he can gain the respect of Democrats' who are already bothered by what comes across as arrogance and sexism on Senator Obama's part. I am not claiming that Senator Obama means to be arrogant and sexist. I am claiming that huge numbers of Democrats - and independents and Republicans who might be willing to vote for a Democrat rather than vote for John McCain - find that he repeatedly sounds like he is arrogant, sexist, and, in a word, patronizing.

It will be a tragedy for this country and for the world if we end up with four more years of Bush-Cheney-like policies, which is what Senator McCain is offering. But it is going to be hard for somebody with a tin ear to gain enough voters in the general election to beat the Republican Party.

Apart from all that, I am tired of arrogance and sexism. And I am really tired of feeling patronized by somebody seeking the highest office in the country. But most of all, I am scared that a politician with such a tin ear cannot possibly win that office at a time when we so badly need a Democratic administration in the White House.

3 Comments:

Anonymous athyrio said...

I am scared too and praying every day for Hillary to prevail....

May 18, 2008 at 5:58 PM  
Blogger Double Jointed Fingers said...

Heidi, you are coming to a place that many of us have found ourselves in this campaign.

I am of the mind that Hillary is the only candidate that can beat McCain in the GE. If Democrats lose the 2008 election, the party is done. The powers that be must be coming to the same conclusion.

Obama's campaign has hit a wall. He's losing states that we need in the GE. Hillary polls better against McCain and she has been thoroughly vetted.

If the DNC and MSM decide to shoot themselves in the foot and award Obama the nomination on a silver platter without taking this all the way to the convention, the Democratic party is not the party that represents the majority of its people.

Sadly, I will walk away. I cannot be a member of a party that doesn't do the right thing. I won't vote for a Republican, but I can't vote for a Democrat that I don't believe is ready to govern.

May 18, 2008 at 6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i've come to believe that electing obama to the wh will be a terrible tragedy for this country. now it looks like the dims will get larger membership in congress this year. we could handle 4 years of mccain with a democratic congress if they got off their whining butxx and actually did something. but seeing how the so called party leaders have conducted themselves, please forgive me if i have my doubts.

May 19, 2008 at 2:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home