Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Time out to listen to Senator Clinton

While the pundits and the press have been writing her off, and Senator Obama speaks as if he has already won the nomination, the best choice for the Democratic nomination keeps doing one of things she does best, explaining why she merits - yes, merits - both individuals' votes and the Democratic nomination. Some remarks and comments from Senator Hillary Rodham from the past 24 hours:

"I'm here asking for your support. I'm the underdog in South Dakota, I've gotten used to that role,"
Clinton said. "But as this election has gone on I've gotten stronger and stronger and since February 20th. I've won more contests, won more votes, won...
[speaking to a crowd in Rapid City, S.D.]

"We have not gone through this exciting unprecedented historic election only to lose," Clinton said at an event in Billings, Montana. "You have to ask yourself who is the stronger candidate?"

"I will be your champion," Clinton told the crowd of mostly Lakota men women and children. "I will fight for you. I will stand up for you, and I will work my heart out for you."
[speaking at Pine Ridge Indian Reservation]


Drawing more applause, Clinton said, "We need a president next January who understands the obligation that the United States government has to the tribes that represent the first people of the United States."
[speaking at Flathead Indian Reservation]



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home