Monday, May 19, 2008

Time out for gratitude, expressed

The work here in Oregon is interesting and exciting - but the trip has been long, tiring, and logistically tricky - and it ain't over yet. Apart from my own firm conviction that Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton deserves my best effort to make sure she becomes the next President, what has made this trip possible is support and encouragement from many sources. A non-exhaustive list:
  • a truly supportive husband who has never, not once, displayed sexism in all the years I have known him (and since we are both over a hundred years old that is a loooonnngg time!)
  • the Marshans in so many ways
  • Taylor Marsh herself, by leading by example
  • many individuals in Portland who have provided great service or offered encouraging words
  • my mother's felt presence in my life even after her death
  • any number of Clinton campaign staff who have made sure that we volunteers stay organized and are used effectively
  • one particular person who I think would prefer to remain anonymous but shares my love of ice cream
  • and of course, the amazing calico catties!

3 Comments:

Anonymous doctorate said...

I am looking for the letter referred to on TM Hot Topics:

"An essential letter from a mother to a daughter" posted by HLF,

the link for which brought me here to your site.

May 20, 2008 at 3:45 AM  
Blogger Grey said...

You are an inspiration: what you to is truly invaluable.

May 20, 2008 at 8:19 AM  
Blogger Heidi Li Feldman, J.D., Ph.D. said...

doctorate: all posts, including the one you want appear in the righthand column of the blog in the "Blog Archive".

May 20, 2008 at 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home