Thursday, May 15, 2008

Maintain concentration; remain calm

I am just about to get on an airplane to head for Oregon, to see Portland for myself, and oh, maybe help our next President elected in my spare time.

Checked my email and noticed something both good and bad. There are now a number of grassroots efforts going to attract the D.N.C.'s attention, via ads, via protests, and more. I applaud these efforts. But it is very important that we remain focused on helping that future President we want.

We must donate directly to Senator Clinton; call on her behalf; and work with her campaign. The more we empower Senator Clinton directly, the more clout she has with the Party - of course, it is ridiculous she does not already have this clout but that's another story.

I am not discouraging participation in the other truly inspiring and valuable grassroots efforts that have taken off. I myself am helping with some of them. But Senator Clinton's supporters are much like her: we are able to do more than one thing at a time. Please remember that one of these things - and I believe, the most important one - needs to be continuing direct support for Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Give it if you've got it. Donate to Time is of the Essence.

3 Comments:

Blogger Double Jointed Fingers said...

Heidi, God speed! And another big Hug to your Hubby and those Kittie Kats for keeping the home fires burning.

I hope those calicos weren't too upset by the photo of you with the stuffed dogs...

May 15, 2008 at 7:49 PM  
Blogger Heidi Li Feldman, J.D., Ph.D. said...

Hi there - note that one of the stuffed animals was a cat. As for my calicos, they are fine with dogs, so long as they are stuffed!

May 15, 2008 at 7:52 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hear, Hear! I do applaud these women though. I thought I was a silence voice who kept saying to boycott the biased MSM. Glad that there are others out there who feel the same way.

May 16, 2008 at 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home