Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Making Maya Angelou Aware of the Match

Today, I spoke with a representative from the Maya Angelou Center for Research at Wake Forest in North Carolina. I had contacted them to alert them to the donation I will be making to match donations made to Hillary Rodham Clinton via this link. [For more information about the matching drive please see information on the sidebar in this blog!]

As you will see from this follow-up communication, not only is the Center delighted about the donation, but Dr. Angelou will be made aware of it and that it is being made in honor of her tribute to Senator Clinton.

I am hoping to send at least $5000 by April 15th. So, please refer people to this blog and the match program. Again, any funds donated to Senator Clinton via this link will be matched by me as part of the donation to the Maya Angelou Center for Research On Minority Health.

Kathy Townsend Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 12:44 PM
To: xxxxxxx@gmail.com
Greetings Ms. Feldman,
Again, I thank you for taking my call this morning and for your generous donation! Please see below the forwarding information to send your donation:

[...]
Again we appreciate your gift to the center and thank you in advance! We will send you a letter of acknowledgement/receipt once your gift is received and forward a copy to Dr. Angelou as well! Please feel free to call me if you need additional information/assistance.
Sincerely,
Kathy

Kathy Townsend

Director of Development

Maya Angelou Research Center on Minority Health

Office of Development and Alumni Affairs

Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center

Medical Center Boulevard • Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27157-1021

Telephone (336) 336 716-2275 • Fax (336) 336 716-7168

“WE ARE MORE ALIKE, MY FRIENDS, THAN WE ARE UNALIKE.”

DR. MAYA ANGELOU

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger mystic4hill said...

What a wonderful idea, Heidi! At the moment, my cash flow doesn't allow for another contribution to the Hillary campaign just yet. However, I'm making this commitment: As soon as I receive my "economic stimulus" check from the IRS, 50% of that will immediately be donated to the Clinton campaign through your link.

I challenge every Hillary supporter out there to do the same! The best way to stimulate the economy is to make sure Hillary Clinton becomes Madame President.

April 3, 2008 at 12:21 PM  
Blogger Heidi Li Feldman, J.D., Ph.D. said...

Wow, mystic4hill, this is great! Many, many thanks.

April 3, 2008 at 12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home