Wednesday, April 30, 2008

If the D.N.C. does not drive me over the edge, surely The New York Times will

I understand. I understand that The New York Times must sell papers at time when newspapers' circulation spirals to the bottom.

I also understand that people seem to want to read about Senator Obama and his "break" with his pastor.

But I still do not understand the front page of today's The New York Times' national print edition. I do not understand the outsized photograph Senator Obama nor the uncritical reporting of his "break". This is the paper that broke the story of the Pentagon Papers?

I am not suggesting that The New York Times forgo coverage of the current Obama-Wright drama. But here is what I cannot understand at all: Where is the picture and story covering North Carolina's Governor Easely's endorsement of Senator Clinton, and her remarks at the endorsement event, where she spoke forcefully about improving education in this country?

I do not understand how The New York Times could fail to put on its front page the news that the Governor of a critical state in the remaining primaries endorsed Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton. Above the fold, below the fold, alongside the coverage of Obama-Wright, somewhere. There was room: the Times didn't need to use its space for that outsize photo. Or perhaps they could have bumped the (genuinely) interesting story about athletes and genetic testing for next-day coverage or even just inside the paper. If the editors could not bear not to run today the story about fertilizer, perhaps they might have spared reporting the obvious: "Bush Says Pain From Economy Defies Easy Fix."

Oh and just for good measure, that fertilizer story: part of a series on the food chain an important issue, one which Senator Clinton has been addressing when she details plans for fixing problems with our food supply.

2 Comments:

Blogger Joyette said...

HLF:

You are one of the lucky ones. You have managed to maintain your sanity while working closely alongside Senator Clinton, fundraising for her and also being exposed to the Media Bias and hatred that have been shown to this above-excellent Candidate. I'm only 40 and made a commitment for the first time in my life to donate to a candidate. I make a very small donation every month, not worth mentioning or getting crazy about; but I can assure you that for months I've been on a rollercoaster in this campaign session. I'm a black woman and Hillarys' strenght and history impress me. Just to let you know that you are not alone in your frustration and to thank you for your consistency, for sharing all positive information that we otherwise would not have gotten from MSM. God Bless You!

April 30, 2008 at 10:09 AM  
Blogger RedDragon62 said...

I really enjoyed your blog. Keep up the good work! I would like to invite you to come see my blog. I am new to this so please excuse the work in progress. as you can see I am still trying to figure out how to link sites to my blog. Ill get there. Thanks reddragon62.blogspot.com/

April 30, 2008 at 1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home